Welcome to Shank's Tavern
Family owned since 1920, Shank's Tavern was built in 1814. It was operated by a retired riverboat captain, James Stackhouse, and known as the "Compass and Square".
In 1930, John and Kathryn Shank bought the tavern from Ernest Maulick, a local brewer. Today, the third generation of Shanks continues to maintain a friendly, old-time, neighborhood bar with simple fare and fine spirits for the comfort and convenience of those who stop in.