We offer our Golden Guernsey milk in Glass or Plastic Bottles. Golden Guernsey Milk is fresh from our farm and processed right here at our market. We also have over 25 different flavors of ice cream that is produced on the premises.
Our family's farm is located in Lancaster County along the foothills of the Welsh Mountains. The herd of registered Guernsey cows have been in our family for three generations.
Quality starts at the farm where our cows are given excellent care. They are fed a blanced diet of grain and hay, which enables them to produce high quality milk. The milk is brought to Yoder's Country Market, fresh from the farm. Aside from offering fat free skim milk, 1 ½% reduced fat milk, and whole milk, we also create premium ice cream by slow-churning our Golden Guernsey milk with the ingredients of an old-fashioned recipe.
Benefits of Golden Guernsey
Beta Carotene - As this is not digested and broken down by Guernsey cows it passes into the milk and creates the golden color.
Omega 3 - Guernsey milk is naturally better balanced than other milks, test results show Guernsey milk contains three times as much Omega 3 as other milks.
Beta Casein A2 - All of the samples of Guernsey milk tested in the UK has more than 95% A2 which compares with 40% A2 in Jersey milk and 15% in 'ordinary milk'.
- Beta Carotene - As this is not digested and broken down by Guernsey cows, it creates the wonderful golden colour in the milk and its products. Beta Carotene is found in green vegetable matter i.e. grass and is thought to give protection against certain cancers. One often sees recommendations that the consumption of carrots and green vegetables are good for you. Therefore golden Guernsey milk should provide the same benefit.
- Omega 3 - Guernsey milk is naturally better balanced than other milks, with test results showing it to have one part omega 3 to two parts omega 6, whereas all other milks are one part omega 3 to six parts omega 6. There are several fortified milks to which fish oil has been added to improve the balance between omega 3 and omega 6. Guernsey milk gives you this advantage naturally.
- Beta Casein A2 - Guernsey milk has a naturally high percentage of Beta Casein A2 (tested to be more than 95% of A2). Other milks have shown to be between 40% (Jersey milk) and 15% (Holstein milk). 98% of the milk sold in the UK is from Holstein cows and Guernsey milk is currently only available direct from some Guernsey herd owners. Unlike Beta Casein A2, the Beta Casein A1 gives rise on digestion to a product called Beta Casomorphin 7 - this as the name suggests is an opioid and it is the opioid that aggravates Autism and is possibly implicated in type 1 diabetes and coronary heart disease. To read more about the science behind A2 milk. More research into all of the above ailments is urgently required. The independent review of the A2 evidence by Australian Professor Swinburn for the New Zealand Food Standards Authority, concluded that Governments should do this research. He stated that if he was in one of the vulnerable groups then "he would change to A2 milk as if it didn't do him any good it certainly wouldn't do him any harm!"
- Finally - although the fat and protein content of Guernsey milk is higher than 'ordinary' milk, it has a better balance then Jersey milk (typically 4.8% fat and 3.5% protein) and therefore it is 95% FAT FREE.....AND HAS A FABULOUS TASTE!
Ice Cream FlavorsYoder's offers 23 different flavors of ice cream as well as 4 No Sugar Added (NSA) Flavors.
- Vanilla (NSA)
- Chocolate (NSA)
- Black Raspberry
- Butter Pecan (NSA)
- Maple Walnut
- Columbian Coffee (NSA)
- Guernsey Tracks
- Mint Chocolate Chip
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- Chocolate Marshmellow
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl
- Vanilla Peanut Butter Swirl
- Cookies & Cream
- Black Cherry
- Peach Melba
- Orange Pineapple
- Caramel Swirl
- Fudge Swirl
- Toasted Coconut
- Pumpkin Pie
Click Here to see Pictures of the Yoder Farm