360Lancaster is Your Online Guide to Fall Fun
There is no need to mourn the passing of summer. Fall is special time of year in Lancaster County with lots of fun things to do. It’s a great time to experience Lancaster’s food offerings. There are plenty of amazing outdoor activities…and let’s not forget the shopping! 360Lancaster is the best way to stay current with what’s happening in Lancaster. The site is updated constantly, so bookmark the home page and check back often!
Whoopie Pies are a Lancaster County staple and Hershey Farm Restaurant and Inn has you covered. The restaurant features a different Whoopie Pie every month: Orange Chocolate in October, Pumpkin Spice in November, while Holiday Mint signals the beginning of the Christmas season. The Amish Farm and House has created an authentic Pennsylvania Dutch experience with its “A Taste of Lancaster County Dinner Tour”. The tour explores Lancaster County Businesses in the heart of Amish country and finishes at locally owned restaurant with exclusively Amish staff. The tour runs through October. For more Lancaster County fare, try Oregon Dairy Restaurant, after you’ve survived the “Happy Cows Corn Maze”. The truly adventurous can traverse the Maze with a flashlight!
There is no need to feel guilty about sampling those Lancaster County goodies! There are plenty of outdoor activities to burn those extra calories!
- The Lampeter Strasburg YMCA Fall fest on October 17th features the Fall Fest 5K for runners and walkers age 12 and older. Other activities include a Fun Run for Kids and Families, Science Café, Corn-Hole Tournament, Bounce Castles, Chili Cook-off and Oktoberfest Home Brew Competition.
- The Fall Feast & Biergarten; a classic Beer/Arts festival in Downtown Columbia on October 24th.
- The Lancaster YMCA Trick or Trot 5K Run/Walk & Monster Run for Kids on October 31st at Woodward Hill Cemetery and Lancaster County Central Park. Costumes are encouraged for ghouls and goblins of all ages!
- The 5k MAG Fall Flash on November 7th. This popular event begins in Wrightsville and is perfectly timed to coincide with Lancaster County’s spectacular fall foliage. The course is closed to traffic and crosses the historic Veterans Memorial Bridge between Columbia and Wrightsville
- Refreshing Mountain Retreat & Adventure Center has a variety of zip lining courses and outdoor activities for the entire family that are held through December 31st.
Fall in Lancaster is the perfect time to shop for unique gifts and Lancaster County treasures. Kitchen Kettle Village features 42 shops filled with authentic Lancaster County offerings. The village is famous for its Christmas decorations from Thanksgiving through Christmas. Antique lovers will flock to the Green Dragon Farmers Market and Auction, one of the largest farmers markets in the area. A Fall shopping trip wouldn’t be complete without a stop at the National Christmas Center. Kids of all ages love this whimsical place where it’s Christmas ever day of the year!
Scott Wagner is a Media Consultant with 360 Pa Media Solutions. When not helping 360 customers he is passionate about endurance sports and spending time with his wife Nancy and 6 year old Labrador Cheyenne.