Find Your Christmas Spirit in Lancaster County!
Let’s face it, the holidays can be stressful. After all the hustling to get shopping done, presents wrapped and parties planned, many people struggle to get into the Christmas spirit. An NBC News survey revealed that up to 45% of people would rather skip the holiday all together. Another study claims that Christmas is the sixth most stressful life event; right up there with divorce, moving and switching jobs. Budget experts suggest that people “pay themselves first” in order to increase their savings. This principle also applies to budgeting your time. Plan a list of fun holiday activities to do with your friends and family first, then schedule other holiday chores in around your list.
With that in mind, 360Lancaster has compiled a list of fun holiday things to do that will have you in the Christmas spirit in no time!
- Visit the National Christmas Center. It’s Christmas every day of the year at the National Christmas Center. As soon as you enter the door you will recapture the anticipation of Christmas that you enjoyed as a child. You’ll learn about the true meaning of Christmas and the traditions that have survived for countless generations. Take this tour for a sneak peek!
- Do you like dazzling Christmas music and show stopping choreography? Try 2015 AMT Christmas Show - Deck the Halls running now through December 30th. Check out this video for details. If you hurry you can score 2 free tickets by entering by entering 360Lancaster’s Deck the Halls Contest!
- Are you looking for the lighter side of Christmas? The Dutch Apple Dinner Theater has you covered with two Christmas shows. A Christmas Story and Junie B. in Jingle Bells, Batman Smells cast a stress-busting comedic take on the Christmas holiday.
- Naughty or nice, kids of all ages will love meeting Santa on the Strasburg Railroad’s Santa's Paradise Express. Kids will receive expert help writing letters to Santa from Mrs. Claus and then have pictures taken with the jolly old elf himself. The express runs now through December 20.
- While in Strasburg, train enthusiasts and enjoy Choo Choo Barn Christmas Layout. Take part in the annual Santa Search and then watch Santa’s sleigh fly over the 1700 Square foot miniature train Christmas display. The Christmas Layout will be on display now through January 3rd.
- Charles Dickens “A Christmas Carol” is time honored holiday classic. Lancaster History.org puts a new spin on Dickens with a sequel to A Christmas Carol entitled Yuletide at Wheatland. Watch grown up Tiny Tim and his family rekindle the magic of “Christmas past”. Shows run on Friday and Saturday through December 19th.
- Dutch Wonderland’s Winter Wonderland brings back holiday joy with holiday theme rides and a sensational light display. Check here for selected dates.
- The Kitchen Kettle Village basks in Holiday cheer with Dinner with Mrs. Claus and Yummy at the Kling House Restaurant. This intimate holiday feast will happen on selected dates through December 18th.
With so much to see and do in Lancaster County, you won’t have time to have the holiday blues. So go celebrate and give thanks that we are blessed with a wonderful place to call home. From our family at 360Lancaster to yours, Merry Christmas!