Oh No! Where Did the Summer Go?
End of Summer? Not Quite Yet!
Labor Day snuck up on us ... it feels like we were just celebrating Memorial Day, and now the kids are back in school, Friday night football games at the local high school have arrived, and thoughts of sweaters, chili, and pumpkins are seeping into our lives. Local grocery stores and Big Boxes even have the Halloween candy on the shelves!
How is that even possible?
Let's not forget, though, that most of September is actually still the Summer. In fact, September 22 is the first day of Fall ... that's another three weeks left of Summer! 21 days to "vacation" in Lancaster! Here are some ideas to help you get started on your last hurrah of the Summer!
- Plan your last Summer getaway by making a reservation at one of the Authentic Bed and Breakfasts of Lancaster County. B&B's offer a more intimate experience, and are a wonderful way to get an authentic stay in PA Dutch Country. Don't miss their Passport Program, which offers exclusive savings at local attractions and restaurants.
- Abe's Buggy Rides in Bird-in-Hand is still offering daily tours. Ask to chat with Earl, the owner. Earl has wonderful stories and gives a fantastic tour. Most days you will find one of his 5 daughters working at the cashier stand. They offer all-private buggy tours of Lancaster County.
- Although closed during the week, Dutch Wonderland is still open for their 'Summer Season' through Columbus Day weekend. They are celebrating their 50th Anniversary this year. Don't miss their new shows and of course, get yourself a funnel cake!
- The Lancaster Barnstormers still have a few games left this season! Don't miss the local ballclub take on the Bridgeport Bluefish (Aug 30-Sept 1) or the Southern Maryland Blue Crabs (Sept 3-8) in their last two homestands of the year.
- And what is Summer without an ice cream? Visit Maggie Moo's on Fruitville Pike for a Summer treat! Maggie Moo's offers a memorable experience to guests by hand-folding your favorite nuts, candy or fruit into the ice cream, right in front of you!
- While the weather is still sunny and warm, take a trip to Ambush Paintball and work out some of that aggression! Ambush Paintball provides a thrilling experience with both Paintball and Airsoft games for both die-hard fans and newbies! Don't miss Saturday night paintball -- a fun and thrilling night-time event!
These are just a few ideas to help you keep the momentum going with your Summer ... don't forget, there are still 21 days left before we shift to pumpkins, sweaters, chili and Fall.
Enjoy the Labor Day weekend!